New families may APPLY NOW for an Income-Based Scholarship for the 2021-22 school year.
New families may now apply through Step Up For Students for an income-based scholarship (either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship) for the 2021-22 school year.
Upon review of a family’s application and supporting documents, Step Up For Students will determine if the student qualifies for either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
IMPORTANT:Please be aware that in order for a student to be eligible for a full scholarship, applications and any required supporting documentation MUST be submitted by June 1, 2021.Applications submitted after June 1 may be eligible for a partial scholarship.
Please keep in mind:
- Step Up For Students is required by law to give priority to lower-income families. Any family with an income greater than 185% will be placed on a waitlist until available funding is determined. Please visit our site to view these guidelines.
- Note: If a family’s income is found to be over 260% but under 375% the Federal Poverty Guidelines, the student is not eligible for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship but may be eligible for the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
- All students applying for a Family Empowerment Scholarship (FES) and parents on application MUST include a valid Social Security Number to be eligible.
- We strongly recommend families use Google Chrome as their browser when applying or navigating their Step Up For Students account.
- Schools MAY NOT ask for, or require, a parent to provide their username or password in order to access the student’s scholarship account.
- Parents can upload documents immediately to their online application. They can also submit required documents via fax.
For questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.