2022-2023 Curriculum Resources
This page features the curricula utilized across the grade levels. Please feel free to peruse the links to view the topics and the scope and sequence of our resources. Scroll to the bottom of the page to explore Curriculum Resources via a PDF file with clickable links.
Student Canvas accounts serve as an excellent starting point for parents hoping to see exactly what is happening in the classrooms. If you do not have a parent “observer” account for Canvas, please message Tsai in our technology department (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he will send you login credentials and the Canvas Observer Guides.
Our Philosophy on Intellectual Development
- To maintain high academic standards by updating curricular materials and teaching methods that compliment the program.
- To challenge students to expand their intellectual capacity through opportunities offered in the classroom, intra-school, and community competitions.
- To encourage students to reach a level of achievement based on his/her own level of ability.
- To stimulate an appreciation for art, music, drama, foreign language, technology and physical education.
- To foster the development and growth of school faculty as leaders committed to Catholic education.
- To establish benchmarks for using technology as a tool for learning so that students are well prepared for a continually changing technological world.
- To continue providing technology training for teachers.
- To look at assessment in terms of levels of performance relative to the knowledge specific to a subject area.
- To provide stimulation for critical thinking and the use of up-to-date technology.
- To recognize that learning is a lifelong process.
Curricular Programs by Subject:
- Social Studies: Pearson/Savvas, K-5; Discovery Education, MS; Studies Weekly, 2-5
- Science: Pearson/Savvas, 3-5; Earth Science, 6th; Life Science, 7th; Physical Science, 8th; Scholastic Science Spin, K-5
- Religion: Loyola, Preschool; Sadlier’s Christ in Us K-5; Sophia Institute, Spirit of Truth, 6-8
- Math: Sadlier K-6, McGrawHill’s Florida Reveal Math (6th grade, pre-algebra 7th, Algebra I 8th)
- Reading: Zaner-Bloser Superkids, K-2; Savvas MyView Literacy, 3-5; Novel Studies grades 3-8
- Phonics: Integrated within the SuperKids and Savvas MyView programs K-5
- Grammar: Integrated within SuperKids and Savvas MyView programs, K-5; Sadlier Grammar Workshop, 6-8; Loyola Press Voyages in English, 6-8
- Daily spiraled reviews of math and grammar through Simple Solutions, grades 3-5
- Spanish: Vista Higher Learning, grades 3-8
- Handwriting: ZanerBloser, K-5
- Social-Emotional Learning: Thriving Learning Communities, PreK-8; Scholastic Well-Being, 6-8; Loyola Growing with God, K-7; Loyola, Theology of the Body, 8
- Terra Nova (annually in February/March)
- NWEA MAP Testing, August (K-8), January (3-8), and April (K-8)
- 8th grade students take the High School Placement Test, a local Catholic high school entrance exam.
- We use results from MAP and TerraNova tests, 6th grade math placement tests, and teacher recommendations for honors level math classes in middle school. We use the same criteria plus a writing sample for the honors level ELA classes.